As many of you will know, we recently moved to the Essex coast and loving living so close to the beach. Whether its early morning strolls, on an after dinner paddle, we visit at least a couple of times a week to get some fresh air and give the kids a runabout. During our seaside trips it’s obvious to spot the seasoned beach-goers so I’ve collated some top tips to share with you, in collaboration with some top bloggers.
- Use a baby carrier to get across the sand – it’s far easier than a buggy!
- If you do take a pram, try pulling it backwards across the sand!
- Talcum powder works wonders for getting sand off when it’s time to go.
- A mini paddling pool is great for little ones to sit and play in – keeping them cool and entertained.
- Put valuables (money, phone) in a clean nappy inside a beach tent – potential thieves will just think it’s a used nappy!
- Use a mesh or laundry bag to put sandy toys and flip flops in and the sand will just fall out on your walk back to the car.
- Set hourly reminders on your phone to top up the kids’ sunscreen – it’s easy to forget when they’re off playing and enjoying themselves!
- Wetsuits will keep them warm and comfortable in the cold sea, hopefully meaning they’ll play for longer!
Have you got any other top tips? Do let us know in the comments!